Frequently Asked Questions
What curriculum is used in ECE SVP?
|Baby Gym||6 months – 2 years old||SVP Curriculum|
|The Toddler programme||2 – 3 years old||
SVP Curriculum with the approaches of :
|Nursery||3 – 4 years old||
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP)
with the approaches of :
|Early Year 1||4 – 5 years old|
|Early Year 2||5 – 6 years old|
What is the class size in ECE SVP?
(cut off date 31st October in the respective year)
|Level||Maximum number of students in a class||Teacher-student Ratio|
|2 – 3 years old||Toddler||20||1 : 5|
|3 – 4 years old||Nursery||20||1 : 5|
|4 – 5 years old||Early Year 1 (EY1)||20||1 : 10|
|5 – 6 years old||Early Year 2 (EY2)||20||1 : 10|
|At SVP we believe in providing a balanced curriculum including nurturing the aesthetic and creative talents of our students.|
Does my child have to pass a screening test to enter ECE SVP?
Readiness or a screening test is not used as a basis for admission to the ECE program. However, prior admitting a student to ECE SVP, we observe the students’ readiness. The result will give information about the child’s current competence level from the recommendation of the teachers.
What if my child in ECE speaks a language other than English?
It is common for a child in Sekolah Victory Plus to begin school speaking a language or languages other than English. We provide EAL (English as an Additional Language) support through music and movement, storytelling and lessons. The Total Physical Response method is also applied during the daily activities in the classroom to help the students to feel able and be familiar with English. Sekolah Victory Plus also has the language policy to respect and support the use of mother tongue and Language of the Host Country (Bahasa Indonesia).
If I move my child from Sekolah Victory Plus to a national school, not a National Plus school, will my child find it difficult?
The methodology of our school is very different to national schools. Children will need to make a significant changes and may have a period of adjustment.
What are Unit of Inquiry (UOI) lessons?
- UOI lessons are a combination of language, science, mathematics, social studies (including geography), Bahasa Indonesia (including PKn), personal, social and physical education (PSPE) studies.
- They are taught using inquiry-based learning where students are encouraged to be inquirers and thinkers.
- The lessons are conducted through hands-on activities.
Do you have student textbooks for UOI lessons?
- No, we don’t. During UOI lessons, teachers and students use a variety of media/resources (such as: the Internet, books, magazines, newspapers, people, journal, etc) to gain the information.
Do students have other textbooks in ECE and Primary?
- Students only have Religion textbook. There are not any textbooks for any other subjects
How many students are there in one class?
- The maximum number of students in one class is 23 students with two homeroom teachers in grade 1.
- The maximum number of students in one class is 23 students with one homeroom teacher and 1 floating homeroom teacher in grades 2-6.
- We do not have Teacher Assistants in every class but we have Teacher Support Staff who help the teachers inside and outside the class.
Why is the classroom set-up differently from conventional/national schools?
- It is to engage the students in active and fun learning
- It is to engage the students to be free in expressing their ideas and thoughts
- It is to facilitate students’ various learning styles. (differentiation learning)
Does Sekolah Victory Plus accept special needs students?
- The school provides support for its students with learning and/or special educational needs and support for their teachers. However, with its ongoing process of ideal inclusive programme, the school may not be able to meet all diverse learning styles, strengths and challenges including special education needs and therefore limit admission of specific cases, in a way to create an inclusive environment which is effective for all students to reach their full potential.
- Children will have observations and assessments on multiple aspects (internal and external) before the school decides whether or not it is able to cater the children’s need in learning.
|At SVP we offer the students the opportunity to study visual arts throughout their time in our school. Many students also study Visual Arts as part of their Diploma Programme.|
- Physical: the child is able to function his/her body independently in learning.
- Social Emotional: The child is able to shows good working and learning attitude (showing willingness to learn, accepting tasks responsibly), as well as attitude toward people (cooperate with adult and peers, and following instructions).
- Intellectual: the child is able to follow basic curriculum standard (based on developmental; scale and entrance test results).
- Language: the child is able to express ideas verbally or written appropriately based on age (refer to the developmental scale) at least in one language, English or Bahasa Indonesia.
- Parents show positive demeanour towards school and the representatives
- Parents and school share a mutual understanding to support students needs based on the observation.
Is there a test for my child before I enroll him/her to Sekolah Victory Plus Primary?
- We don’t have a test. Instead, we have a School Readiness Observation . This observation aims to assess the child’s readiness to enter our school and to know his/her communication and thinking skills. If a child does not have serious problems, we can accept him/her (of course depending on available vacant places)
Can my child enroll to Primary School even if he does not meet the cut-off date (non eligible age)?
- For local students, we will run a School Readiness Observation, conducted by school counselor and the PYP Coordinator (if needed) and the students may be asked to sit another Readiness test (Test Kesiapan Sekolah) conducted by PT. Psiko Edukasi Asesmen Citra Unggul (PEACE). The result will inform the Primary School Principal based on the Readiness Observation/Test result from both sides.
- For expatriate students, we may only have School Readiness Observation conducted by the school counselor/PYP Coordinator.
What Curriculum does the Secondary School use ?
Our curriculum framework is the Middle Years Programme (MYP) from International Baccalaureate (IB) incorporated with the latest national curriculum.
What is MYP?
MYP (Middle Years Program) is a curriculum framework offered by IB for children of 11-16 years of age. SVP offers a 4-year programme, from Grade 7-Grade 10 ( grade 1 SMA).
Will the Middle School students join Ujian Nasional?
Yes. The preparation is done regularly during the learning activities in the respective subjects. We also provide mock exams (try out).
What kind of reports will the students receive?
Students receive the MYP school report each term. They will also receive their SMP Certificate from the Indonesian government upon successfully finishing Grade 9 and joining the National exams.
What approach or teaching method does the school adopt in the programme ‘s delivery?
A variety of teaching methods and approaches from inquiry-based learning lessons to discussions, depending on the nature of the learning materials.
Will students be given homework?
Definitely. Students need homework. Homework can take the form of a research, interview, investigation, or worksheet. Homework or tasks will give students a chance to improve their management skills.
What facilities are provided by the school to support the teaching & learning process?
The Middle & Senior School’s spacious air-conditioned classrooms are equipped with a computer with broadband internet connection, an LCD projector. Our school also has a library with almost 10.000 collection of books plus multimedia resources, a mini soccer field, swimming pool, a basketball court, an Art Studio, a Music Room, a Science Lab, Design Technology Workshop (Bengkel) and a Computer Lab.
Where are the Middle & Senior School teachers from?
Our teachers come from different nationalities and they have gone through a tough selection process in terms of their English and capability as good teachers. The English programmes are supported by native English speakers.
What are the school hours for Middle & Senior School?
Middle School starts at 07.20 and finishes at 14.45 except on Tuesday at 15.30. The additional time on Tuesday is used for compulsory extra curricular activities in Music. Snack Break is at 09.00-09.15 and lunch break is at 11.30 to 12.15 PM.
Are there any extra curricular activities for the students?
We have varied extracurricular activities ranging from Swimming, Wushu, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Futsal, Cooking, Band, Mandarin, Dance, Digital Design, Artificial Intelligence, Debate, Model United Nations and many other activities.
My child is not from a school that uses English as the language of instruction. Will she /he be able to follow?
There is an intensive course called English Adjustment Programme for the students who passed the entrance tests with English that has not met the necessary level.
Is there an entrance test to join the Middle & Senior School?
SVP has a readiness observation which simply is a means of finding out if students are ready for the programme. This will include readiness in Bahasa Indonesia, English (written and spoken) as well as Mathematics.
What kind of curriculum is being used for senior school student?
There are two curriculum streams in Senior School (grade 11 and 12). They are the Diploma Program and National Program
What skills will student develop through IB-DP and National curriculum?
The school uses the Approaches To Learning a continuum of skills that a student must develop starting from Primary to the Middle & Senior level. Those skills are:
- Thinking Skills
- Research Skills
- Communication Skills
- Self Management Skill
- Social Skills
Are there any other activities for senior school students?
The School offers students a variety of Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA).
All the extra-curricular activities are held after school at 3.45 to 5 PM (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) and at 3 to 4.30 PM (Wednesday and Friday).
SEKOLAH VICTORY PLUS - (SVP)
- The first IB World School in Kota Bekasi
- The 9th Continuum IB World School in Indonesia
18th May 2019
Opening SVP - Champion Outdoor Learning Centers
21nd May 2019
24th May 2019
SEKOLAH VICTORY PLUS
Jl . Citra Niaga Raya AO 1-14
Kemang Pratama - Kota Bekasi - MAPS
7.30 am - 16.00 pm (Mon - Fri)
7.30 am - 12.00 am (Sat)
Telephone : (+62) 21 8240 3878
Whatsapp: (+62) 819-9016-8777