As an IB World school committed to providing a strong balanced programme, Arts forms a key platform for student learning opportunities.
Every child at SVP must be involved in the Arts programme, covering the domains of visual arts, music and drama.
In a world where creativity, collaboration and problem-solving are key skills all leaders require, the Arts programme ensures that these fundamental skills are explored, developed and showcased in a variety of areas.
All students Grades 1 to 6 are provided with either a violin or cello, with each student involved in the instrumental string programme.
Music works in parallel with the junior visual arts programme, with both subjects enabling students to explore and express their artistic talents.
From Grades 7 to 9, students continue with their exploration of music, in conjunction with visual arts.
From Grade 10 onwards, students may select one Arts domain namely the visual art and music which best suits their interests and strengths.
Multiple Arts ECAs are provided throughout the year, across the grade levels.
We also provide lunch time and after school initiatives opportunities for our students to explore their artistic passions.
- In Primary School, one of the ways to show students’ talents in Arts is through the School Production.
Every two years, Primary School holds a School Production which will include all grade 1-5 students as the characters, musicians, choir and dancers.
The School Production supports students’ learning for the skills below:
- Thinking skills: Understanding the character, right tones and showing the right movement
- Social skills: Accepting responsibility, respecting others, cooperating with others, adopting a variety of group roles
- Communication skills: Reading, listening and speaking skills
- Self-management skills: Managing their time in memorising dialogues, music chores and choreography
- Research skills : Finding the right expressions for the characters
We had conducted a number of school productions, they are:
- Lion King
- The Uniqueness of Indonesia
- Courageous Me
These performances have showcased the unique talents of the students
- Instrumental Lessons
- Grade 1-2: Airwave
- Grade 3-4: Pianica
- Grade 5-6: Guitar
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Modern Dance
- Ensemble using Pianica, Glockenspiel, Angklung (West Java musical instrument), Piano, Drum
The video of their performance click here
Early Childhood Education
Art is a language that allows children to express and develop their ideas and emotions. Artistic activities are full of processes that help children to grow and stimulate their creativity while nurturing the soul.
Arts play an important role in the teaching and learning in the Early Childhood Education and it is applied transdisciplinary in all learnings. Everyday in classes, students are exposed to singing, dancing and music as well as to art and craft such as drawing, colouring, painting, collage, clay modelling and so on using various kinds of interesting media.
Arts is also exposed to ECEs students through our Extra Curricular Activities, they are angklung, modern and traditional dance, choir, drawing and coloring clubs.